Friday, January 7, 2011

My Favorite Picture of 2010

I get the opportunity to shoot lots of kiddos being a photographer, and while my own children get pictures snapped of them all the time, it is usually in candid moments. It is/was rare that I took them out for their own photo shoots together (Lola loves her picture taken, so she goes by herself a lot!!!!) so when they were game for their second one of the year I grabbed the camera and we headed out. Of course I bribed them with cinnamon rolls from What-A-Burger on our way home if they behaved and it worked! I NEEDED (ok, just really wanted) a picture of the two of them together, both looking at me, smiling. Nothing goofy, just nice pictures of my babies. In this ten minute shoot, I got several that I fell in love with, but one that stood out more than the others, when I saw it on my screen, it was the one that gave me goosebumps, making it my favorite picture of all of 2010:



PS - From approximately the first weekend in November to the middle of January (booked up until next weekend), I have had shoots (even sometimes 3-5) every weekend, with the exception of Christmas weekend off . I shoot on the weekends because I am a teacher. Last year, I was not this busy. Business is picking up! I am very excited and with both school and pictures, I am so busy, but loving it! I am even going to take a little leap and run an add in one of the west valley high school newspapers! I look very forward to what 2011 brings!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I know how it is to try and get one good shot of your own kids. It hardly ever happens for me! Thanks for entering the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just glad you bribe yours too! lol. I am a teacher as well (7th grade). I bet we have a lot in common! Great photo. Their eyes really stand out in this pic and their body language is so soft and loving...sweet portrait of a brother and sister. I have 2 boys and I doubt I could ever get them to sit that close or lovingly :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that pic!! Your kiddos are so cute Jenni!! Also still drooling over that super cute top. xoxo

    ReplyDelete